Cherry Valley

Variant name of place:

Cherry Vallye; Chery Valley; Cherry Valle; Cherry-Vally; Cherry Vally; Jarevary

Geographic position:

42.7956° N, 74.7536° W

All related documents: retrieve them
Sources:

http://www.cherryvalleyny.com/museum.htm

General note:

A village, now within the town of Cherry Valley, in Otsego County, east central New York state. It was founded in 1739 by John Lindesay, a Scot who got a land grant from King George II, and who traded with the Indians throughout western New York. It became one of the strongest settlements on the frontier, and was the site during the Revoutionary War of the Cherry Valley Massacre of 1778 led by Mohawk war chief Joseph Brant and Tory rangers.